Avtozavodskaya TPP is part of the structure of the largest private independent energy company in Russia – the EuroSibEnergo. The Company produces and sells over 30% of the total electricity and up to 40% of the total heat energy on the Nizhny Novgorod market. The installed electric power is 580 MW, the installed heat capacity is 2074 Gcal/h.
The site where the SEDMAX software is introduced is the modernized automated system of commercial heat metering (ASCHM) of Avtozavodskaya TPP.
The purpose of ASCHM is to ensure control over the technological parameters of the released energy carriers (grid water, hot water, steam, compressed air), as well as the automated collection and processing of information on consumed thermal energy for commercial calculations.
As part of system modernization the company intends to replace the existing heat calculators and correctors that do not meet the requirements of the current rules of thermal energy metering, with the metering devices of a new type, to introduce new metering units into ASCHM, to clarify the methodology for calculating the make-up of the heating network, taking into account the makeup mass spent on own needs.
In the course of upgrading Avtozavodskaya TPP ASCHM it was proposed to transition from a 3-tier to a 2-tier system:
- the lower tier will include primary converters (flow sensors, pressure sensors, temperature sensors), heat calculators and correctors;
- the upper tier will include servers, automated work places, network switches, industrial interface converters and channel-forming equipment.
Reasons for switching to SEDMAX
The TPP refused to use the existing ASCHM software since its staff was unable to change software settings on its own.
SEDMAX functions in ASCHM
- displaying diagnostic information, instant consumption numbers, temperature, pressure, thermal energy on the monitor
- collecting measurement results from metering devices
- processing incoming information
- collecting diagnostic information on the performance of ASCHM hardware and software
- organizing access to ASCHM information through a web-interface:
- mnemonic schemes, diagrams, tabular screen forms
- exporting reports to MS Excel
- printing data
- downloading files to the user's workstation
- notifications using audible alarms, light signals, messages on screen forms, e-mails
- buffering and archiving all incoming information
- storing information in the database with a specified archive depth
- access control and differentiation of user access rights.