Reducing energy costs in cost-per-unit is one of the effective ways to reduce production costs and release resources for the development of the enterprise. Within the framework of a unified policy of the group of companies to improve efficiency, each production facility has implemented a reporting system for key indicators, the achievement of which largely depends on the energy efficiency of the production.
Analysis of the nature of violations and collection of energy quality statistics, metering of energy consumption by each unit
- by-feed automated metering of electricity consumed by the main process units
- electricity quality control on dispenser inputs with automatic collection of oscillograph records and registering electricity quality parameters in the server database
- development of a user interface with real-time display of current and historical data: consumption charts, mnemonic diagrams, electrical network settings, electricity quality parameters log.
Main functions of the system
- providing operating staff with information for the use in operational and technological/operational and technical management of operating modes (monitoring and control of electricity consumption by the enterprise’s production units)
- automated metering of electricity and power consumed by the enterprise’s main production equipment
- providing reliable data on the consumption of electricity for the purpose of further analysis of the operating modes of the main electricity consumers, identifying the reasons for their emergency shutdown and production downtime.
Additional system functions
- control of electricity quality parameters at the inputs of 0.4 kV switchgears
- notifying operational staff about critical violations of the quality of electricity, potentially leading to equipment damage or production shutdown
- oscillography of the electricity quality parameters
- monitoring of the main parameters of the power grid at the inputs of 0.4 kV switchgears (remote control)
- system self-diagnostics.
PROJECT BOTTOM LINE
- possibility to reassess the most energy-intensive electricity consumers based on their actual consumption, rather than data on assigned capacity, and move towards achieving the targeted efficiency indicator
- increasing self-control and management effectiveness at each of the production sites
- integration with the BI-platform has allowed to identify consumers with the worst KPI indicators and vice versa, the consumers who achieved it
- increased level of process controllability: more efforts and resources are channeled into the solving, rather than registering problems
- possibility to monitor emergency shutdowns and optimize production modes by analyzing the nature of power quality violations (depth and duration of voltage dips, frequency of their occurrence, etc.)
- increasing the level of control over the effectiveness of technological process management by optimizing the schedules of equipment
- possibility of making quality decisions on the viability of expanding energy efficiency measures to electrical units of the plant’s auxiliary equipment.
- multi-user access to system information
- user-friendly interface
- information on electricity consumption for each unit
- reports on the quality of electricity
- display of actual values of electricity parameters in real time
- possibility to expand system functions and scale it on a single platform.